I’ve been working with very strong yarn recently, so strong that it broke half my plastic markers while knitting! However, I soon found a very quick and cheap solution: earring hooks! With some leftover Fimo beads from another project and some earring findings, I had these very useful knitting & crocheting markers in less than 15 min!
- Earring hooks, preferably those that can be closed so the markers don’t slip out of the needles.
- Small beads in several colours.
- Headpins for the beads.
- Metal rings (optional).
- Jewelry pliers (round nose pliers / bent nose pliers.)
1. Put a couple of beads in the headpins.
2. Bend the top of the headpin a couple of times around the pliers and cut off the rest.
3. With the pliers, attach a ring to both beads and the earring hook. As easy as that, it’s finished!
Of course, you can make them with any kind of beads, or tassels, or whatever you like. Easy, quick and cheap!